Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 2 Recap

Ok folks, we're coming around the home stretch. Day 2 is done, and here is where we stand:

Recipes completed: 38
Recipes left to complete:5

Coming up tomorrow:
Ham and Polenta Spoonbread
Tortellini en Brodo
Ham Lo Mein
Lemon-Gingersnap Meringues
Popcorn

Now, all of this time I have been saying we had 42 recipes. I seriously thought it was 42. Counting right now, I see that I underestimated. We're making 43. Oh dear.

Out of the 72 eggs we started with, we're down to our last 4. And out of the 6 pounds of butter, we're down to our last 3 sticks. The fridge is nearly empty now, and I am quite certain that everyone here thinks I am insane. It is 1:00 am, and I am diligently posting our antics as I wait for the oven to finish (we have the meringues sitting in there now). Fortunately, those meringues will assemble easily tomorrow, saving lots of time to make the tortellini that we did not get to today. The broth is made for the soup though, which I should get up and put in the fridge shortly.

The kitchen is somewhat clean right now. We couldn't bring ourselves to finishing off the dishes before bed. I myself don't know whether to prep ingredients for our next meal, or to head to bed myself. Perhaps I'll turn off that oven and call it a night......

Oh, and we did make that fruitcake today. It was baked in mini-loaf pans, so we all may take home a "party favor." We're supposed to let it sit in its rum for 2 days before eating, so you'll have to wait until Tuesday for an update on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment