Saturday, February 19, 2011

Its Snack Time!

So, we're having a pretty fun morning so far. The beef bones are roasting for the beef stock, Kate is mixing up three different cookie doughs (all at once!), Ben and I are prepping for the cannellini beans, and Michelle and Aliza are making the Seared Scallops with Cauliflower, brown butter, and basil. Yes, those scallops are the next thing up. Let me tell you, these things taste fantastic. The scallops are cooked perfectly.

Seared Scallops with Cauliflower, Browned Butter, and Basil

Special note has to go out to Kate. She jumped up to make some cookie dough, and after about 10 minutes I turned around to see the ingredients lined up for 3 doughs at once. Awesome assembly line skills!

Kate's Mad Assembly-Line Skills

Stay posted! There is much, much more to come!!

4 comments:

  1. Save me some swallows! BTW if you need clams my rake is in the basement and kayaks are under porch! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant scallops!! I HAVE to figure out how to cancel the spellcheck on this phone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your time in blog preferences is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen, thanks! Well, thanks for everything really, but this particular thanks is the heads-up on the time preferences :) We didn't have to use the kayak and rake for the additional scallops, but believe me, if it were warmer we would have considered it!

    ReplyDelete