Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lunch is Served

Wow, this is fantastic. I have the opportunity to post twice in the span of one hour. While I was wrapping up the last post, Ben, Aliza, and Dave were wrapping up the preparation of lunch. Served up were Turkey Cutlets and Black Beans with Tangerine-Habanero Mojo Sauce and a Jicama, Radish, and Pickled Shallot Salad with Feta.

Turkey Cutlets and Black Beans with Tangerine-Habanero Mojo Sauce (back) and Jicama, Radish, and Pickled Shallot Salad with Feta (front) 
 I was either very hungry, or both of these dishes were fantastic. I was skeptical about those habaneros, but they actually worked amazingly well with the tangerine. The dish had a little kick, but it was nothing unmanageable. And the Jicama Salad cooled off any extra bite. This salad is yet another dish that is worth bringing to a summer picnic.

Now, in the span of me typing all of that, Regina finished up the Carrot and Leek Soup with Herbed Croutons. I have yet to have a bite of it, but I am certain it tastes delicious!


Carrot and Leek Soup with Herbed Croutons
 And Pat, we miss you :) Next time, don't decide to run from Philadelphia to Penn State during the weekend we plan to do this!

1 comment:

  1. This is crazy how jealous I constantly am. I am scared to verbalize my actual regret cause then it might hit home. Pat

    ReplyDelete